Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Cornell Welcome Weekend

The first weekend in April, Jeremy and I drove to Ithaca for "Destination Johnson" Cornell's welcome weekend for incoming MBAs. This was our first night away from Carter, so it was kind of exciting for us. My parents were nice enough to come and watch Carter for the weekend. I don't think he missed us at all...

We had a great time at Destination Johnson, Jeremy met a bunch of his future classmates and I was able to meet some of the other "partners." I was actually surprised that there were a fair number of other people that had kids. A few people even brought their kids with them and I glommed onto them immediately. The whole time we were there, I had a really good feeling about Cornell. It really just seemed like a good fit for us...the area, the people, and the classes for Jeremy.
While we were in Ithaca, we were able to find an apartment for the fall. I am less than thrilled about living in an apartment again (especially one without a washer and dryer) but everyone told us that Winston Court was a great place to live with kids, and that there were a bunch of other LDS families that lived there, so that sealed the deal for us. Here is a pic
Before we left for welcome weekend, we were able to get our house on the market. We decided to sell it ourselves. It was a lot of work for me to clean, declutter, stage it, and list it, but in the end we decided it was worth it to give it a shot to try to avoid paying a real estate agent a commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment