Thursday, November 20, 2014

Carter's Second Birthday Party

Last week, Carter turned two years old. I can't believe my baby is two...and that he's going to be a big brother in just a few weeks. Carter's actual birthday was on Friday. I took him to his two year visit (which I realized in hindsight was pretty mean because he had to get shots) After the shots he kept saying, "it's not right!" We got a happy meal afterward, so that made things ok. We had Carter's party on Saturday. I did a "Thomas the Train" theme because trains are pretty much his favorite thing right now.

Carter had 8 of his buddies over from the apartment complex and from nursery. I had conductor hats and kerchiefs for all the kids to wear, and I had grand plans for an adorable group picture...but pretty much none of the kids wanted to wear them. For games, we played pin the "2" on Thomas.
We also played "train, train, caboose" (duck duck goose) The kids didn't really get this game, but they had a great time running around as a pack.
For the cake, I did train car cupcakes. I had a bunch of candies and frosting and the kids had a fun time decorating them.
Carter was thrilled when everyone sang happy birthday to him. Carter definitely got spoiled with gifts from family and friends and is now fully prepped for Christmas.
. The grand finale of all of the birthday presents was a powerwheels motorized Thomas from Carter's grandpa. Jeremy decided to ride it into the living room wearing the Thomas face. It was super creepy. Carter actually started to cry.
After the Thomas face came off, all of the kids were dying for a turn on Thomas. I think Carter had a really great time at his party. I am so glad that we've been able to make such great friends in Ithaca. We sure love our two year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment