Sunday, December 6, 2015

Vermont Trip

For our last fall break, we decided to visit Vermont. We knew we probably wouldn't be on the east coast next fall, so we wanted to go one last time. I am really going to miss the autumns here. It's actually kind of weird just how much joy fall colors bring me. For this trip, we met our friends the Vaughns, in Killington, Vermont. We rented a cute little condo near the ski resort. This was the view out our balcony. I think my favorite thing about the condo was the wood burning fireplace. It was so cozy to come back and sit by the fire after a long day of leaf peeping :)

On our first day in Vermont, we drove to Woodstock and went to the Billings Farm harvest festival. Carter had a great time at the husking bee and meeting some of the farm animals


Afterwards, we stopped for lunch at a little diner right by the river. We got the yummiest blueberry pancake ice cream I think I have ever had. As we were eating, I could see Carter eyeing the water and so I told him that he couldn't get in, because I didn't have any extra clothes. As soon as our backs were turned, Carter waded right into the water. Luckily, our the Vaughns had a pair of  Emma's black lacy leggings that they let Carter borrow for the rest of the day. Carter didn't seem to mind one bit.

After lunch, we visited a Plymouth Cheese factory and got some delicious genuine vermont cheddar and then went for a small hike on the Thundering Falls trail.


It was a pretty perfect Vermont Day. The next morning, we went for a scenic drive along route 100. I think Jeremy got pretty tired of stopping so that I could take pictures.

After our drive, we rode the gondola to the top of Killington Peak.



The view was pretty amazing!

This is the best picture that we got of all of us all day

After the gondola ride, kind of on a whim, we decided to go for a walk around Leffert's pond. I am so glad we did. I think this is one of the most beautiful places that I have been in my life.




We had such a great time in Vermont, and it was so much fun to catch up with the Vaughns. Hopefully it won't be too long until we get to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment