Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lots of Updates

It's been forever since I updated our blog and a lot has happened, so the task is a little bit daunting...We moved into our new house on August 27th, the same day that hurricane Irene hit. We were lucky that so many people from our ward came out to help us in the morning so we missed the deluge later on that day. Our neighbors were shocked at how quickly we were able to move in...they had never witnessed the marvel of efficiency that is a Mormon move! Here are a few pictures of the house that I took today. It's still a work in progress, but we are mostly settled in. We bought a townhouse about 15 minutes away from the old apartment. I've always had a love for townhouses every since I studied abroad in London during college. We'll grow out of it at some point, but it's perfect for what we need right now

This is the BYU london Center. Loved that place!
This is the exterior of our house, it was taken before we moved it...it was just rainy today and so i didn't want to go outside
Here is the kitchen
And the dining room
The sun room. It's a perfect place to curl up and read a book. I'm still looking for a rug for this room, let me know if you have any ideas!
This is our deck, we're going to refinish it in the spring.
This is the family room. I'm still a little bit unsure about the furniture here...let me know what you think
And the basement
The guest room...where you will stay when you come visit!
The master bedroom...Jeremy did a great job painting this room. The whole room was moss green before...gross.
This is our master bathroom
and finally, my favorite room in the house, the closet! I think it makes Jeremy nervous just how much room there is for future clothing purchases!
In other news, I had my 26th birthday in October. You can see in the picture the cute flower cake Jeremy sent to my work.
We had a great time having some visitors in October. Our friends the Vaughns came at the beginning of the month. It was so good to see them. The next weekend, my good friend Merrilee came to visit from Provo.
We went shopping, watched gilmore girls, and went into New York City and saw Mary Poppins and went to the French Culinary institute. Jeremy did a great job as our designated tour guide.It was so great to have her here!
The last week in October, my parents came to visit from Boise. We went into Amish country, toured an old Amish farm, browsed in the shops, and went to Wilbur Chocolate factory. I love Amish country, it's just gorgeous in the fall.

Jeremy was so excited that we were going to get trick or treaters this year. He decorated the front of the house. He had scary music playing in the background and even a fog machine. Pretty sure next year he is going to be one of those creepy guys that dresses as a scarecrow and then jumps out at people when they try and take a piece of candy
We feel really grateful and blessed to be in our new home. We love visitors, so come visit anytime!

5 comments:

  1. Okay, SO many things to say:
    1. I really love the picture of you and your mom in the buggy. Great picture of you!
    2. Your kitchen is HUGE! Actually, your whole house is huge. I can't wait to come and visit. We could eat hang out on our own couch :)
    3. Your fall decorations look cute.
    4. I like the sectional, that is a big room to fill up, so I think that the sectional is a great idea. I think it looks really nice and the brown color will be nice so it doesn't get dirty.
    5. Cute flower cake, good job Jeremy!
    6. I still need to come when the trees are all those colors.
    7. Can't wait to see your house with the Christmas decorations!
    8. I was trying to look at your clothes in the closet and see what's new haha. I love all your coats. I seem to have a similar obsession with buying coats. I bought a new one the other day.
    9. I also like the new red couch set and the dining room table. Good work picking those out.
    10. Okay this was probably my longest blog comment EVER, but I'm so happy you finally made a post! Email me when I can come visit. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody, your place is adorable! I love everything you've done with it so far. I'm a big fan of sectionals and I love the one you picked out. I just got done rug shopping and looked EVERYWHERE for a decently priced, attractive rug. We have a Marshalls Home Goods store by us that had a ton that fit the bill. We ended getting ours at Home Depot. Lowes has some good ones too. Congratulations again on the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new house and I love Brooke's comment:) The flower cake is such a fun idea. We have to chat sometime and catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new home looks so cute! You sure know how to make me homesick for PA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new house guys! Dave and I hope to have the chance to visit you guys some day!

    ReplyDelete