Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hawaii

The last couple of weeks have kind of been a blur for us. Last week we took a trip to Hawaii with my family and then we moved 2 days after we got home. Jeremy and I had been looking forward to this trip for months and months. It was really great to see everybody. Jeremy hadn't seen our nephew, Luke, since he was only a couple of weeks old. We had an absolute blast in Hawaii. On one of the first days, We went on a hike in the Waimea valley. All of the trees and flowers were gorgeous
There was a little waterfall with a pool at the end that you could swim in.

We also went out sailing on the Ko Olina Cat, chased dolphins, and went snorkeling.
One of my favorite things that we did was visiting the north shore. We went body surfing at the bonzai pipleine. I love seeing people get knocked over by all the big waves. Although, out of all of us, I am pretty sure I'm the one who ate the most sand.

At the North Shore, we also went snorkeling at Shark's cove. Jeremy and I both agreed that this is the best snorkeling that we had ever done. We were only inches away from a sea turtle. I really like them, they are very wise, kind looking animals.

Another highlight of the trip was the Fia Fia luau with "the chief." It was such a pretty night

On our second to last day in Hawaii, we drove to Waikiki to take surfing lessons. As I was paddling out for the first time, I got hit in the face with someone else's surf board. Jer and I had to take a little trip to the emergency room in Honolulu to get stitches. It seems to be healing really well and I don't think it will scar too bad.


This picture was taken on our last day in Hawaii at the Pali Lookout ( I was having a hard time smiling at this point in time). We were both really sad to leave Hawaii and come back to real life. Hopefully we'll all be together again before not too long.




3 comments:

  1. What a great trip! I'm glad you had a fun time, and I hope you're getting settled well in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of your trip! And sorry to hear about your accident with the surf board...no fun. We need to get together soon, I want to see your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! Wish I could have gone! We need to catch up...it has been too long!

    ReplyDelete